Following is a list of MJC members who are either seeking employment (position wanted) or who are actively hiring (help wanted). Kindly contact the office (516-379-8650 / [email protected]) if you would like to make an insertion.
Full-time, live-in, home health aid who took care of a congregant's family for 2 years. Reliable, trustworthy and compassionate. For inquiries, call Eric 516-551-2299.
Position Available/Referrals Welcome
Part-time aide wanted for woman in N. Bellmore. Seeking someone for 3-4 weekdays. Must drive. Please call Mara (daughter) at (516) 849-7555 if you would like to apply or have someone to recommend.
Senior couple seeks small apartment in Nassau County. Contact Alan at 212-366-7030.
Summer Internship Request
College Senior majoring in Business Management(Human Resources) with minor in Psychology looking for paid or unpaid summer internship on LI or in NYC. Preferrably in HR. Has office experience. Contact Glen (516-319-5659) or [email protected]
Merrick Before / After Program
DIRECTOR Job Posting
The Merrick Before / After Program is a private organization that has provided child care for before and after the regular school day for the 3 elementary schools who make up the Merrick Union Free School District for 30+ years. The program is a huge success and currently has about 300 children enrolled. We are currently seeking a Director to lead all administrative, operational and maintenance aspects of this child care program.
* Manage the relationship with the NYS Office of Children and Family Services and the Nassau County Department of Social Services and ensure program compliance with all regulations and requirements
* Develop, as appropriate, and ensure compliance with all program related policies
* Working with the site supervisors, develop, promote and maintain a safe and engaging environment for all children in the program, including but not limited to, addressing discipline issues in a timely manner
* Interact with parents of the participants, as deemed necessary
* Lead and manage a staff of about 50 child care professionals, including all recruitment, employee relations matters, and payroll activities
* Plan, organize and manage all required staff training
* Develop and manage program to an annual budget
* Manage all relationships with vendors and oversee payments of all program expenses
* Report to and maintain working relationship with the program and Parent Board of Directors
* Liaison with the Merrick Union Free School District Central Administration and School Board, as appropriate
* Bachelor's degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field OR New York State Children's Program Administrator Credential OR School Age Child Care Credential
* 2 years direct experience working with children less than 13 years of age, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity in a child care program or related field of work.
* Must have strong administrative skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with parents and effectively resolve issues
Expected hours are 20 - 25 hours per week. Must be on site during the hours of afternoon program and accessible during the before school hours of the program.
Salary commensurate with experience. To apply, please send resume and salary requirements to: [email protected]
Our congregant, Ira Pastor, is seeking employment and career opportunities. If you are looking for a person with a solid background in IT product development, please review his resume (click here) and executive summary below.
Ira has over ten years of experience in IT project management and IT product development where he has successfully conceptualized, driven and delivered many complex, concurrent, multi-year, high profile efforts. In his most recent role as Director of Product Development for Studio One, he was responsible for directing and leading web and mobile product development, maintenance, and day to day management for over 15 websites.
He has experience in client relationship management, stakeholder management, vendor management, scoping, planning, team building, collaborating with and managing technical and non-technical teams. He is detail oriented, technical, and highly analytical. He has strong Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Word.
He has recently completed project management coursework in preparation for the PMP exam, and has an MBA degree in finance and a BS degree in Computer Science. He is dedicated, responsible, and maintains a strong work ethic.
You may reach Ira directly at [email protected].